Pub Grub Or Fine Dining At
The Hawkins Arms
Our head chef and his team love food, which is evident by their mouth watering creations, artistically presented with care on the plate.
Whether you’re looking for real traditional ‘pub grub’, a real pie, fresh fish, vegetarian, curries, vegan, gluton free we will do our best to accomodate you.
As a Cornish country pub, we use local, fresh produce as much as possible from the surrounding area. We also have a ‘specials board’, kids menu and sandwiches/light bites as well as the menu below.
Home-made is our aim whenever possible, so please come in and experience a warm welcome, friendly service and enjoy your meal.
Freshly cooked, freshly prepared food takes a little longer, but is well worth the extra time. We cater for children, either from a separate menu, or by offering smaller portions from the main menu and our Sunday roast is very popular.
Lunch time Thurs to Sun 12.00 – 2.00, every evening 6.00 – 9.00. We are shut Mon, Tues & Thurs lunch time only.
We are a dog friendly free house as long as the dog is friendly and on a lead.
Unfortunately, we don’t allow dogs in the new restaurant extension.
A sample of our delicious food
A sample of our delicious food
To book a table, please give us a call on
- Homemade Soup of the Day £5.95
- Crispy Whitebait £5.25
With dressed leaves, chipotle mayonnaise
- Cider & Thyme Garlic Mushrooms £5.50
In Wheal Rose creme fraiche with herb croutons
- Rustic Hawkins Chicken Liver Pate £5.75
With homemade Perry & Sultana Chutney
- Baked Aumoniere of Cornish Brie £5.95
House Red Onion Marmalade & dressed leaves
- West Country Cured Meats £6.25
Sun-blushed tomatoes, house hummus, olives & bread
- Cornish Crab Cocktail £7.25
With pomegranate, avacado, farmhouse granary bread
- Fowey Mussels £6.75
Served in a creamy white wine sauce with garlic & shallots
- Mixed Olives £3.95
Dipping bread, olive oil & balsamic reduction
- House Baked Tortilla Chips £5.95
Homemade hummus, guacamole, local yoghurt & cheese
- Red Thai Vegetable Curry [V] £11.50
Basmati rice, Thai crackers & sweet chilli dip
- BBQ Riblets £12.95
Served with in-house coleslaw, chips & chef's onion rings
- Panko Breaded Plaice Fillets £13.95
New potatoes, a cream, bacon & pea salsa, broccoli
- Pappardelle Pasta in Garlic Mushrooms (V) £9.95
With garlic bread
- Rice & Vegetables in Pav Bhaji Spices (V) £9.95
Local yoghu, mango chutney & naan bread
- Beer battered Haddock or Breaded Scampi £12.50
With chips, garden peas and in house tartar sauce
- ‘Hawkins Burger’ in a Bun £11.95
With triple dipped fries & jalapeno mayo on the side (add cheese for an extra £2.00)
- 10oz D cut Gammon Steak on Bubble & Squeak Croquettes £14.95
Served with a poached egg, onion rings & creamed cabbage
- Char grilled 8oz West Country Sirloin Steak £19.95
With garlic mushrooms, crunchy fries, onion rings, dressed rocket & a choice of peppercorn or blue cheese sauce on the side
- Dessert 1 £6.00
Description for Dessert 1
- Dessert 2 £6.00
Description for Dessert 2
- Most starters can be altered to gluton free upon request
- Chargrilled Sirloin Steak £19.95
With garlic flat mushroom, chunky chips and sautéed onion rings
- 10oz Gammon Steak £14.95
On bubble and squeak with blue cheese sauce, topped with poached egg
- Hawkins Recipe Burger £11.95
Served in a gluten free bun with chunky chips, salad and jalapeno mayonnaise (Add cheese for £2.00)
- Thai Red Vegetable Curry £11.50
Served withpilau rice, Thai crackers & chilli dip
- Some specials may also be gluton free or able to be altered to gluton free, please, just ask!
Come and join us
If you’re looking for a cosy Cornish pub, serving great food, then come and visit us at The Hawkins Arms, Zelah.